Whether you experience anxiety during rehearsal, audition, competition or while performing; have trouble memorizing your lines or routine; do not feel very confident about yourself or your abilities; or experience bullying on set; we are here to support you and to help you build the resiliency and skills needed to overcome these challenges, deal with difficult situations, and perform at your best.
At Insight Effectus, we help you to develop the cognitive capacity to focus, concentrate, process, and remember materials better in delivery of your performance. We can also help you to develop the mental resiliency, skills, and agility needed to deal with not only the pressures and challenges of performing, but also with the challenges of the intricate performance environment itself.
What to expect from the performing arts program
As a participant in this program you will receive:
- A comprehensive intake, and cognitive-perceptual assessments to determine your current mental strengths and areas for improvement
- Cognitive-perceptual sessions
- Mindfulness and performance coaching sessions
- Counselling which includes guidance in mindfulness, mental coaching, family dynamics, performance anxiety, trauma-based experiences, and more
- Psychoeducation (parent information and mindfulness training)
- Support and maintenance
*NOTE: The number of sessions may vary depending on your needs.
Benefits of the performing arts program
The intended outcome of this program is to enhance your skills including:
- Mental rehearsal
- Goal setting
- Staying positive
- Control of emotions
We will also help you to understand the basic mindfulness practices that can help to optimize your overall performance. You will learn the art of letting go, enhancing focus and concentration, reducing performance related stress, all while promoting self-compassion. It’s important to note that a negative inner self-critic can be destructive and harmful when trying to improve your performance and mental awareness. We can help you learn how to quiet those negative thoughts and promote healthy self-assurance so you can reach your full potential as a performer.
Features of the performing arts program
Some unique features of the program include:
- Performance coaching, tailored to your unique situation and goals that fosters creativity, self-acceptance, compassion, an open mind, trust, and the ability to let-go and be non-judgmental
- Counselling which includes guidance in mindfulness, mental coaching, family dynamics, performance anxiety, trauma-based experiences and more.
- Access to over 300 assessment that we can utilize to ensure that you are getting the best self- understanding of any issues that may be impeding your performance.
Criteria for participation
To participate in this program, you must have a serious interest in taking your performing skills to the next level.
For this program to be effective, each candidate must be fully committed to their sleep schedule, diet, screen time restriction, and commitment to receiving support and maintenance.
Contact Insight Psychological to learn more about this program.