More about Ricardo Sarango
Working from a client-centered approach, I incorporate solution focused strategies with Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) to facilitate growth in individuals by exploring practical skills in developing insight, self-awareness and creating effective change.
I am active in the field of mental health, advocating for better awareness and access to resources by supporting individuals and families, speaking at conferences, sitting on councils, working with support groups and volunteering.
Ricardo, what are some of your favourite quotes?
The development of a positive habit is a more worthwhile approach than the elimination of a bad behavior.
While we can’t control everything in our lives, we can find opportunities to control our reactions to the things we can’t control.
Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, Yorkville University
College of Alberta Psychologists
Psychologist’s Association of Alberta
My Areas of Specialty:
- Adolescent & Teen Issues
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Parenting Issues & Support
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Stress Management
- Substance Abuse
I can also help with these areas:
- Anger Management
- Child & Youth Stress and Trauma
- Children’s Mental Health
- Dealing with Divorce or Separation
- Drug or Substance Abuse
- Family Issues
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Panic Disorder
- Parenting Coordination
- Self Harming
- Suicidal Thoughts (Ideation) and Survivor
- Supporting Teenagers with Depression
Mental Health Disorders:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
My Treatment Approaches:
- Behavioural Therapy
- Client Centered Therapy (Rogerian therapy)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)