How To Book
You can book an appointment through our online booking scheduler or by calling our office.
Our hours depend on the daily schedule of our therapists’ availability. Generally, we’re available Tuesday and Friday afternoons. Please call our office directly if you require an appointment time outside of those hours.
Monday to Friday: 8 AM to 9 PM
Saturday & Sunday: 9 AM to 5 PM
Closed Statutory Holidays
We will be CLOSED on the following statutory holidays for 2023:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Family Day (February 20)
- Good Friday (April 7)
- Victoria Day (May 22)
- Canada Day (July 1)
- Civic Holiday (August 7)
- Labour Day (September 4)
- Thanksgiving Day (October 9)
- Remembrance Day (November 11)
- Christmas & Boxing Day (December 25-26)
We are proud to offer counselling and other psychological services online for those clients unable to attend on-site therapy. We make it possible for you to access services from the comfort of your own home, office, or another location using the OnCall Health video platform.
Who is online counselling for?
Online counselling is a great solution for:
- Individuals and families living in rural or remote areas where resources and services are scarce.
- Executives, managers, and other levels of personnel seeking counselling but are not able to take time away during work hours to attend counselling sessions.
- Individuals with barriers to mobility or transportation.
- Individuals with particular phobias or other difficulties that are restricting their capacity to leave their house or to participate in an in-person counselling session.
- Parents or caregivers struggling to find child care during their counselling appointments.
- Couples or family members seeking joint counselling or mediation services but are unable to come together in person due to various reasons such as being a significant distance away from each other or undergoing a difficult and contentious separation.
At this time, online counselling is only available to residents of Alberta and the Yukon and you MUST be physically in Alberta (or the Yukon) for the duration of the online counselling session.
How does it work?
Insight Psychological Inc. takes your privacy very seriously, and that’s why we have chosen to use OnCall Health over other less secure programs or platforms. OnCall Health is a fully encrypted platform that requires minimal information, is hosted on Canadian servers and complies with Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), The Personal Information Protection Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), and all equivalent personal health information protection legislation in Canada. To access online counselling appointments, users simply need a tablet, computer, or mobile device with access to the internet.
How to prepare for your online counselling appointment
- Ensure that you follow the instructions in the appointment confirmation email to set up your OnCall Profile and complete the Consent for Online Treatment. Please do this at least 30 minutes prior to the start of your online session to allow for adequate testing and download time.
- Download the OnCall App or ensure that you have the most recent version of Google Chrome if you prefer to join the online video call via your web browser.
Please note: Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer and mobile browsers are not compatible with OnCall.
- Ensure that you have a strong internet connection.
Please note: other apps streaming on the same internet will affect connection quality. Please refrain from having others streaming or
- downloading during your online session. (ie. Netflix, video chats, etc).
- Find a comfortable, private place to conduct your online session. Locate some headphones or ear buds for optimal sound quality during your call.
- Relax and get ready to meet with your therapist in the comfort of a location you have chosen!
*Please note that any additional consent forms for children or family/couples counselling must be completed and submitted prior to booking your appointment.