Postpartum depression is a psychological issue that can have a serious impact. Feeling the “baby blues” post-birth is one thing, while the darkness of postpartum depression is another. Postpartum depression usually occurs within weeks of giving birth, and can even strike those who had a happy pregnancy and gone through non-traumatic childbirth.
Some of the symptoms of postpartum depression are:
- Not being to get out of bed, although you are physically fine
- Seeing the world as dark and dismal
- Feeling as though your child would be better off without you
- Feeling helpless or out of control
- Thoughts of suicide, self-harm or harming your child
How we can help
If you are suffering from postpartum or any other type of depression, or believe that a loved one is, please do not wait to seek help. The licensed counsellors at Insight Psychological can complete a diagnostic evaluation and determine an effective course of treatment.
Insight Psychological has offices in cities across Alberta in order to better serve you. Please call us today.
Featured Therapists that can help:
Other Therapists that can help: