Together with our partner, Veritas Solutions, Insight offers objective investigation and resolution of cases involving harassment, bullying, and violence. Such investigations are conducted by highly experienced and trained investigators. Workplace harassment, bullying, and violence investigations require a combination of experience, keen understanding of law, emotional intelligence and sensitivity to the nuances and human dynamics of the issues. Our investigators are highly experienced and have had training in trauma informed interviewing, conducting credibility assessments, and investigative analysis.
- Understand and analyze the scope and expected outcomes for our clients
- Ensure principles of natural justice and procedural best practices occur from the outset
- Conduct respectful, reasoned and considerate interviews of all parties (Complainant, Witness, Respondent)
- Collect and examine all corroborative evidence
- Conduct credibility assessments on persons interviewed
- Weigh all of the evidence and come to findings on the standard of proof : ‘balance of probabilities’
- Provide the client with any aggravating or mitigating factors that are discovered during the investigation
- Document and develop a comprehensive report
- Provide subject matter expertise to client from start to finish
- Legal Scrutiny
All investigations are conducted with the principles of natural justice and procedural fairness as their foundation. The investigations conducted and managed by our Senior Associate and Lead Investigator, Bob Stenhouse, have been tested and withstood scrutiny by arbitrators, ombudsman, Public Interest and Disclosure Commissioner (PIDA) civil and criminal courts.