In addition to individual support and care, Insight also offers team/group intervention, counselling, psycho-educational, and support sessions.
Group Intervention for Workplace Concerns, Conflicts, and Dysfunctions
Our team at Insight Psychological has supported many organizations that are experiencing concerns, conflicts, and dysfunctions among their employees/members. Key examples of difficulties that we have worked with include:
- Employees/Members expressing discontentment with how things are going at work and this discontentment is beginning to affect morale, engagement, performance, and/or retention.
- Employees/Members expressing concerns or filing complaints about bullying, harassment, discriminatory conducts at work, and/or lack of support for employees undergoing gender transition.
- Escalating and/or dysfunctional conflicts among specific employees/leaders or among groups of employees/leaders.
For cases such as these, we will work with the management team as well as impacted employees/members to identify and address the key roots of concerns. It should be noted, however, that positive change can only occur when there is genuine willingness and commitment by the organizational leaders to make the necessary corrective actions to impart change and for the impacted employees to buy in and participate in the corrective actions to impart change. Whenever possible, employees/members should be included in the decision making, development, and execution of corrective actions.
Group Sessions for Psychological and Substance Issues, Life Transition Difficulties, Grief and Loss
Aside from individual counselling and support, our therapists at Insight Psychological can also facilitate group counselling or support sessions for employees/members experiencing difficulties associated with specific mental health concerns, substance dependency, major life changes, or grief and loss. Group sessions allow employees/members to mutually support one another through their struggles, process through their difficulties, build resiliency and learn coping skills as well as explore additional support and resources where needed. Areas more commonly covered in such a session include but not limited to the following:
- Specific mental health area (e.g. dealing with depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc.)
- Personal and workplace relationship difficulties (e.g. communication challenges, power struggle, bullying, abuse, etc.)
- Grief and loss (e.g. death of a spouse, child, or coworker, loss of employment, etc.)
- Major life changes and adjustment difficulties (e.g. post-partum difficulties, marital breakup, recovering from life threatening illness, etc.)
- Substance use recovery
- Parenting difficulties
Contact Insight Psychological today to learn more.