Sports Performance Developmental Program
This program is intended for candidates who are curious about enhancing their game or maintaining their skill level. Developing your game might be something you‘re already used to doing on the field, court, or rink – but maybe you’re wondering how to develop the mental aspect of your game to achieve next-level performance.
In this program you will receive an introduction to mental performance and the expertise needed to develop your mental game or keep it up to date. This program will be centered around developing mental skills and introducing you to sports psychology.
What to expect from the sports performance developmental program
As a participant in this program, you will receive:
- A comprehensive intake, and cognitive-perceptual assessments to determine your current mental strengths and areas for improvement
- Cognitive-perceptual sessions
- Mindfulness and performance coaching sessions
- Psychoeducation (parent information and mindfulness training)
- Support and maintenance
*NOTE: The number of sessions may vary depending on your needs.
Benefits of the sports performance developmental program
The intended outcome of the sports performance developmental program is to introduced you to, or familiarize you with, the mental side of sports performance as well as to enhance your understanding of the importance that mental skills training can have for anyone that wants to elevate their game or maintain it to the next level.
You will develop mental toughness skills and resiliency techniques for not only sports but also academic performance and life skill development. This will help you to optimize your ability to perform and overcome any psychological barriers that may be inhibiting your development. Should you choose to advance further, we will equip you with the tools, skills, and knowledge necessary to transition to the more intensive Elite Program.
Features of the sports performance developmental program
Some unique features of this program include:
- Cognitive-perceptual training sessions with specialized equipment proven to improve performance
- Ongoing maintenance
- Counselling which includes guidance in mindfulness, mental coaching, family dynamics, performance anxiety, trauma-based issues and more.
- Access to over 300 assessment that we can utilize to ensure that you are getting the best self- understanding of any issues that may be impeding your performance.
Contact Insight Psychological to learn more about this program.