Transformations Gender Transitions Program
Transformation™, Insight’s Gender Transition Program, offers initial assessment and consultation, medical referrals, and ongoing support to individuals who may be experiencing issues related to gender identity – including any degree of transgender expression, and/or considering SRS (sex reassignment surgery).
The program also includes counselling and therapy for individuals and family members who may also experience other concerns such as trauma, sexual abuse, substance use/abuse, relational issues, depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts or actions, etc.
- Comprehensive assessment of a client’s mental health, quality of life, levels of related stress, capacity to provide consent, and understanding of transition goals.
- Education to help the client, partner, and/or other family members explore the trans identity of the client, the transitioning process and requirements as well as resources and support available.
- Referral to a general practice physician with transgender experience and hormone prescription capabilities to provide medical support for the client’s transitioning process and/or ongoing medical care.
- Referrals to Psychiatry for top and bottom surgery (required).
- Provision of carry, name change and vital statistics letters.
- Counselling and therapy to work through other issues that may emerge or exist, such as trauma, sexual abuse, substance use/abuse, relational issues, depression, anxiety, and/or suicidal thoughts or actions, etc.
- Referrals and/or information regarding other support and supplementary services (e.g. laser hair removal, voice training, cosmetic procedures, etc.).
Transformation takes a synergistic approach to the transition process. It collaborates actively with other related health professionals to build and maintain a streamlined process, in accordance with WPATH guidelines, that would facilitate a comprehensive yet seamless transition for our clients. Ultimately, we aim to reduce wait times for services throughout the transition process and enable our clients to initiate their Real Life Test (RLT) as soon as they are ready to do so.
The Transformations team is led by seasoned Psychologist, AASECT Certified Diplomate of Sex Therapy and Sex Therapy Supervisor, Cory Hrushka, and includes other LGBTQ friendly psychologists and Master’s levels therapists.
Featured Therapists that can help:
Edmonton South, Online Counselling
Adults, Adolescents (13-17), Families, Couples, LGBTQ community, Sexuality, Assessments
Edmonton North, Edmonton Central, Online Counselling
Adults, Children & Youth (6-12), Adolescents (13-17), Families, Couples, LGBTQ community, Sexuality, Assessments
Edmonton South, Red Deer, Online Counselling
Adults, Seniors, Families, Couples, LGBTQ community, Sexuality, Assessments
Edmonton South, Edmonton Central, Red Deer, Online Counselling
Adults, Children & Youth (6-12), Adolescents (13-17), Families, LGBTQ community