As part of Insight Psychological’s 2023 Community Care Program, we are sponsoring 200 hours of FREE counselling for post-secondary students and seniors (65+) across Alberta, with our Master’s level practicum therapists. This campaign will run from January 23rd to March 3rd, 2023.
For post-secondary students, the weeks in the middle of the semester when you start to have mid-terms can be the most psychologically-taxing. You may be highly stressed and may feel more irritable, frustrated, impatient, anxious, and dreadful, even over minor things.
For seniors, every phase of life brings with it some unique opportunities and challenges. Seniors may have some unique challenges including loneliness, losing a spouse or friend, coping with retirement and more.
Both post-secondary students and seniors have their own unique challenges which can be taxing on their mental health. These groups are also people who may not have the benefits and access to mental health services that others do. If you or someone you know falls into these groups and need mental health support but cannot afford it, we are right here for you.
To book, please call 780-461-1717 or email [email protected].
Please note the following service conditions:
- The sponsored free counselling sessions will be delivered specifically and only by Insight’s Master’s level practicum therapists.
- Only post-secondary students and seniors 65+ in Alberta can access these free counselling sessions.
- In order to help as many people as possible in as prompt a manner as possible, each student can book one free counselling session at a time with our Master’s level practicum therapists during the campaign. However, there is no limit as to the total number of free counselling sessions that a student can receive during this campaign period.
- Counselling sessions can be in person at our Edmonton and Calgary locations or online across Alberta.
- If an individual books an appointment but does not show up for their appointment or cancels at the last minute without adequate notice or justification, it would leave little time or opportunity for Insight to fill that appointment slot with another student in need, some of whom maybe in desperate situation and/or on a waitlist to get in to see a therapist. As such, if an individual fails to show up for their booked appointment or cancels their appointment in less than 24 hours before the date and time of appointment, a $37.50 cancellation fee will be charged to the client.
- Our standard reduced rates for counselling sessions with our Master’s level practicum therapist remain in place for the general public. Please visit our Reduced Rates page for details.