There are many reasons to consider accessing psychological services.
To feel better:
- You’re struggling with a past trauma or trying to overcome grief for a recent (or not-so-recent) loss
- You’re feeling afraid all the time, or even terrified and the anxiety is starting to impact your everyday life and you feel it’s getting too big to overcome
- You think you may be depressed
- You want to increase your self-esteem
To improve a relationship:
To work towards goals:
- Family planning
- Weight management
- Improve athletic or artistic performance
- Improve cognitive ability
To deal with specific issues:
- Difficult people
To overcome life’s challenges:
- Grief and loss
- Compulsive behaviours
- Past relationships
To improve your sex life:
- Sexual dysfunction issues
- Improve intimacy in your relationship
- Alternative sexual lifestyles (BDSM, Kink, polyamory, etc.)
To be your authentic self:
- Coming out
- Gender issues
To deal with life transitions:
- Empty nest
- Aging parents
The reasons people seek counselling are as varied as there are people. Each person has a unique set of circumstances. Time in therapy is almost always time well-spent. For some people, making the decision to try counselling can be life-changing.
If you’d like to book an appointment or learn more about how we can support you, please contact us.
Learn more about what to expect from therapy.