Ashlynn asked 13 years ago

Hello I work for the Government of Alberta and I am wondering if my EAP would cover services from your agency? I also have benefits through the Edmonton Police Service. I am looking for personal counseling related to relationships and would prefer appointments later in the day or the evenings.

1 Answers
Insight Psychological Staff answered 12 years ago

All factors within a system influence one another. What I mean by this is that interactions within the family will contribute to the severity of the eating disorder. However, we cannot determine cause-effect. There are many people in “unhealthy” family relationships who never develop an eating disorder. People develop many different ways of coping with life stressors. In addition, eating disorders can show up in healthy familes as well. Although family interactions influence the outcome of all sorts of health conditions, we cannot say certain family patterns cause eating disorders.

For more information on this, I would suggest searching journal articles on PsycInfo. some key terms you couold lok up include “eating disorders”,  “families”, and “causes”. If you have difficulites finding the articles you are looking for, you could ask a librarian for help.

Insight Psychological Staff answered 13 years ago


Thank you for your inquiry.  We can definitely accommodate your individual needs and personal availability at Insight Psychological.  In regards to your EAP, it would be best to speak with your agency about what services are offered internally and externally.  As for your benefits, there are a number of therapists who contract directly through the Edmonton Police Service that will see you at no charge.

If you have any questions regarding your EAP or the services we offer, don’t hesitate to call us at 780-461-1717.

Best regards,