Is there anyhing wrong with me being 26years old and i enjoy wearing adult diapers. I also enjoy wetting them. I do not get a sexual arousal from doing so.
Hi there, thanks for your question!
As long as you’re not harming yourself or someone else, I would not say there is anything wrong with enjoying wearing (or wetting) adult diapers. Although it may be an uncommon behaviour, it is not problematic.
Does this inhibit you from being able to function as a healthy adult in any way? If this behaviour does not have a negative impact on your life (or others), it does not sound concerning. You mentioned that you do not experience sexual arousal from wearing and wetting the diapers, so I‘m curious about what you find enjoyable about wearing and wetting the diapers? It might be helpful to reflect on how frequently you do this – when was the first time you did this? How you feel when you wear them or wet them, and how come you wonder if it means that something is wrong with you? Zamboni (2019) writes about the Adult Baby/Diaper Lover (ABDL) community and discusses various subtypes and behaviours practiced. You are not alone. His research discovered that although some individuals in this community do participate in sexual behaviours, the vast majority of participants in the study did not report sexual behaviours associated with diaper wearing. Reasons reported for enjoying adult diapers:
- Some people feel motivated to wear diapers because it gives them a sense of relief from stress or the feelings of comfort and relaxation.
- Sometimes it’s more about the convenience of being able to just relieve yourself whenever the need arises.
- Some like not needing to control their bodily functions at all.
- For others it is more of a sensory experience. In this case, aspects and qualities of the diaper look and feel are reinforcing.
- Some people also like to role-play or age-play and enjoy acting like an infant (sexually and non-sexually), and this can also (but does not have to) include diaper wearing.
Basically, the motivation for wearing diapers is different for everyone.
It sounds like your enjoyment from adult diapers is harmless, but if it’s bothering you, or affecting your relationships, you may benefit from talking with a therapist. If you choose to do so, Insight has therapists that would be happy to meet with you.
Again, thanks for reaching out. I wish you well in the future.
Zamboni, B. D. (2019). A Qualitative Exploration of Adult Baby/Diaper Lover Behavior From an Online Community Sample. Journal of Sex Research, 56(2), 191–202. https://doi.org/10.1080/00224499.2017.1373728