Anonymous asked

Hi. I’m at my wits end… I have a 10 year old daughter (only child) and we fight all the time. I don’t know how to stop her from ‘pushing my buttons’. Do we need to talk to a professional? We don’t have any medical coverage (self employed) and I know it’s quite expensive to go for counseling. Is there anything else I can do? I’m going crazy with this. It’s not good for either one of us to keep going on this way. My husband has her respect but I don’t have any even though I try to do so much for her. Any advice you can offer would be helpful. Thank you

Best Answer
Insight Psychological Staff answered


Thank you for turning to Insight Psychological. I’m sorry to hear that you and your daughter have been experiencing difficulties communicating lately.  I encourage you to meet with a therapist at our office if you think it may be a useful process. Therapy would provide an opportunity for both you and your daughter to be heard in terms of your individual thoughts, feelings, concerns, and perceptions, as well as an opportunity for both of you to learn how to communiciate and even “fight” in a way that is effective and respectful.

We offer Sliding Fee Scale Counselling at our Edmonton office provided by counselling interns like myself.  This service is available to those who cannot afford the full fee and do not have coverage.  The hourly rate is based on the household income and the number of dependants in the home.  

If you would like to book an appointment or learn more about our services, please call 780-461-1717.

All the best,

Ashley Tulloch

Looking for more help?

Insight Psychological has qualified therapists in Edmonton South, Edmonton North, Calgary, Spruce Grove, and Red Deer as well as options for online counselling. Contact us today and begin your journey towards a happier, healthier life.