Can Insight help me?

Ask A Therapist OnlineCan Insight help me?
Shay asked 13 years ago

I’m looking for a counselling service… I was raped about a year and a half ago. I recently was able to tell my parents and siblings about it. I thought I was able to get over it myself, but lately I’m finding it more and more difficult… I don’t know what kind of counselling Insight offers, but I know I need something. I was also wondering about costs, etc. Please let me know if and when you can. Thanks.

1 Answers
Best Answer
Insight Psychological Staff answered 13 years ago

I’m very sorry to hear about your circumstances, and I can imagine that it has been difficult to process on your own.  I admire you for opening up to your parents and siblings about what happened. That must have taken a lot of courage! Although it sounds like you have been dealing with the impact of the incident as best as you can, it would be beneficial for you to meet with one of our therapists as a means of continuing to process and work through the issues in a meaningful and effective way.

We have therapists who are experienced in dealing with issues surrounding sexual assault who would be more than glad to work with you.  For more information about our counselling services and fees, please give us a call at (780) 461-1717.

Take care,