Break up/ relationship

Ask A Therapist OnlineBreak up/ relationship
Grant asked 12 years ago

Hi there, I have recently broken up with my fiancé after a year of arguing and fighting. After 3 weeks away from her I have realized I can’t live without her. What can I do to get her back and prove I am different. Thanks

1 Answers
Best Answer
Insight Psychological Staff answered 11 years ago

An effective apology is always a good place to start. Accept the role you played in the problems you were having, acknowledge the hurt that was caused, and discuss what you are going to do differently in the future.

Your ex fiance may not respond well when you first approach her. If there is a lot of hurt and anger, she may react to you bitterly and defensively. You may have to be patient throughout this process and remain positive and caring.

The following is a good website about how to mend relationships. you can sign up for weekly emails which are helpful.