Ask A Therapist OnlineAnger Management
Anonymous asked

I would like to inquire if my step-son is eligible to get free counseling to help him control his anger. My husband has tried for years now asking my step-son’s mom for her written permission to get all 3 children get therapy or counselling but it’s not happening. They have joint custody. One of the 3 children is with us full time since Nov 12 this year because there is an ongoing investigation being done by children and youth services and police. My step-son is a sweet, affectionate, smart boy, and he tries his hardest to be good in school and at home but at times a simple no seems to trigger built up emotions and turn into outbursts. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
Insight Psychological Staff answered


Thank you for turning to Insight Psychological for help.  It is apparent to me that you and your husband are concerned about the well-being of your son.  Unfortunately we do not offer free counselling at Insight but we do offer a sliding fee scale counselling service to those who do not have extended healthcare benefits and cannot afford the full fee.  It sounds like your son would benefit from meeting with a therapist to address his anger management issues.  You and your husband may want to consider family therapy as an option as well.

For more information about our sliding fee scale counselling service please contact the office nearest you.


Ashley Tulloch 

Looking for more help?

Insight Psychological has qualified therapists in Edmonton South, Edmonton North, Edmonton Central, Calgary, Spruce Grove, and Red Deer as well as options for online counselling. Contact us today and begin your journey towards a happier, healthier life.