Psychological Conditions Program
ADHD (Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder), anxiety, depression, chronic pain, or other psychological and medical conditions can have a mild to severely disruptive effect on your daily life, work/studies, and relationships. You may have difficulty doing the things you want to do and accomplishing your personal goals. You may feel helpless and alone in your struggles.
Many treatment plans for ADHD, anxiety, depression, chronic pain and more include medication for symptom and issue management. Medication is necessary in some cases but much research has been done to show that there are also other effective drug-free treatment approaches that an individual can undertake, either prior to making the decision to go on medication or if medication is deemed necessary, then undertaken along with medication to enhance the treatment outcome for certain psychological disorders and medical conditions.
At Insight Effectus, we use neurotherapy, psychotherapy or a combination of both to treat the following psychological and medical issues:
- Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorder (mild to moderate)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Neurotherapy involves the use of state-of-the art equipment and technology to re-train and transform an unhealthy, abnormal brainwave pattern into a normal, healthy, and organized pattern. The process is simple, painless, and non-invasive. When the brain becomes more stable and able to operate optimally and efficiently, a person can experience:
- Fewer, weaker, or diminished symptoms associated with their psychological disorders or medical conditions
- Improved mood
- Increased ability to focus, concentrate, reason, and problem solve.
Psychotherapy, on the other hand, involves the use of various behavioral and other clinical treatment methods to address the psychological effects or contributors to a psychological disorder or medical condition.
In combination, neurotherapy and psychotherapy can enhance the treatment outcomes for the psychological and medical issues identified above. At Insight Effectus, your therapist will work with you to determine your treatment needs based on the nature of your disorder or condition and your unique needs. Our aim is to help you alleviate your symptoms, improve your overall cognitive functioning and psychological wellness, and ultimately live a rich and full life. Together, we will come up with a treatment plan that works best for you.
What to expect from the psychological conditions program
In this program you will receive:
- A comprehensive intake assessment will be done to identify patterns of brainwave dysregulation responsible for undesired symptoms
- Counselling sessions tailored to your specific needs. Our counsellors will work with you to provide a variety of techniques and strategies for dealing with symptoms of anxiety, depression, and other mental health disorders.
- Cognitive-perceptual assessment, used to identify specific areas of cognitive functioning impacted by psychological conditions enefits
Benefits of the psychological conditions program
The aim of this program is to determine the root cause of psychological symptoms on a neurological level, and develop a treatment plan to address them. Neurotherapy and psychotherapy (counselling) are used together to ensure you’re getting the best treatment and support possible. Neurotherapy sessions teach the brain to produce patterns of brainwaves that are healthy and organized, an effective means of reducing symptoms of various psychological disorders. Psychotherapy is used to provide strategies to deal with a range of symptoms and situations, while giving you one on one support from our caring and dedicated counsellors.
Features of the psychological conditions program
- One on one counselling sessions to provide support and strategies
- Comprehensive assessment to determine the neurological cause of symptoms
- Cognitive-perceptual sessions to enhance brain functioning, processing speeds, and much more
Contact Insight Psychological to learn more about this program.