It can be hard to determine whether or not your child needs to see a psychologist.
However, there are signs that indicate that your child may benefit from speaking with a child psychologist in Calgary, such as:
- Concerning, challenging, or disruptive behaviors at home and/or school.
- Tantrums or getting into fights.
- Avoiding school and other social situations.
- Withdrawing from friends and family.
- Extreme emotional reactions, such as aggression or anger.
There are also emotional signs you can watch for:
- Difficulty coping with change.
- Struggling to cope with trauma or grief.
- Difficulties in relationships with friends or family.
- Low moods, anxiety, and withdrawal.
- Self-esteem challenges.
Children, especially younger children, can have a hard time expressing their struggles, so it’s important to look for physical signs such as poor sleep, appetite changes, poor attention, and frequent and unexplained headaches or stomach aches.
You may also seek the services of a child psychologist in Calgary if you are looking for a more detailed diagnosis for your child, such as a confirmation of autism spectrum disorder or learning disorders.
If you’re concerned about your child’s mental health and well-being, our qualified psychologists at Insight Psychological can help.