Bipolar Disorder Question

Ask A Therapist OnlineBipolar Disorder Question
Samantha asked 12 years ago

I’m a 17 year old female.I feel I may have a bipolar disorder.I go through extreme mood swings like going from being insanely happy to majorly depressed/angry in literally under 30 seconds.This happens MULTIPLE times a day.I know there’s something wrong but my parents won’t listen-what should I do?

1 Answers
Best Answer
Insight Psychological Staff answered 12 years ago

Your description sounds like rapid cycling Bipolar disorder. If this is the case, the first step I would suggest is to seek your doctor’s medical advice. He or she can provide you with further exploration of the symptoms that you are experiencing. In addition to your doctor’s information, I would also suggest seeking therapeutic support to manage the challenges of this particular disorder in everyday life.