We’re Still Open
UPDATED: March 28, 2020
During this health crisis, Insight remains committed to providing important mental health and psychological support to Albertans. Our offices remain fully functioning, while being fully committed to the health and safety of our clients and staff.
Insight continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and follows the guidelines set forth by Alberta Health Services. As the Alberta Government has designated mental health support and counselling an essential service, our offices remain open for in-person counselling (as well as online video counselling and phone counselling). You may be wondering what we are doing to provide a safe environment for our clients and staff?
- We have strict protocols in place for screening clients and staff who are in the building.
- We are wiping down hard surfaces regularly (no longer than every few hours) with industry-grade disinfectant wipes.
- We have removed seating from our main waiting room to ensure there is the recommended 6-feet distance between clients.
- We have removed magazines from our waiting room.
- We have hand sanitizer available at the reception area and in every therapy office.
- Our therapy offices are set up so there is sufficient distance between the client and therapist.
- We are wiping down all hard surfaces after each session in each therapy office.
- We are asking all clients to complete a disclosure form prior to their appointment to ensure they are symptom free and have not traveled within 14 days. We are also keeping in close contact with our staff and therapists regarding these same areas.
Most importantly, for any client who prefers not to come in to the office, for ANY reason, we are offering our online counselling sessions. Insight has been set up with proven, secure and confidential online counselling capabilities since 2017. This is an excellent way to “stay home” while still receiving counselling “face-to-face” – especially at this time. Another option is counseling over the phone. We recognize it may feel different from in-person counselling but that friendly, calm voice on the other end of the line can still provide the support you require.
Insight remains dedicated to your mental health and we are here to support you as much as possible.
Keep posted to this page to learn of any changes in hours or closures.