More about Smita Gupta
Hi! I am a mother of a beautiful toddler and a therapist, who loves to make sound clinical judgments, based on standardized tests. I am an internationally trained Masters in Psychology with Post Masters Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy. Later, I also attended The University of Alberta for additional courses like Neuropsychology and gained ethical competency.
I have extensive experience working in a pediatric diagnostic clinic. Presently, I specialize in assessments, I can help with Psychoeducational assessments ( that includes but are not limited to, Gifted and neurodevelopmental assessments like ADHD, Learning Disability, etc..); parental evaluations, cognitive, memory and behavioral assessments, etc..
My Therapeutic approach is mostly influenced by cognitive behavioral therapy, Mindfulness techniques, and solution-focused brief therapy. In my personal life, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
I render services in English, Hindi, and Punjabi.
Masters in Psychology
Member of Psychologists Association of Alberta
Canadian Psychological Association
Mindfulness based CBT online course by The Beck Institute of Cognitive Psychology
Essentials of CBT online course by The Beck Institute of Cognitive Psychology.
My Areas of Specialty:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Cognitive Disability
- Developmental Disabilities
- Family Caregiver Stress
- Parenting Issues & Support
I can also help with these areas:
- Child & Youth Stress and Trauma
- Conduct Disorder
- Issues Related to Bullying
My Treatment Approaches:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Assessments For Developmental Disabilities
- Gifted / Intellectually Advanced Assessments
- Intelligence, Psycho-educational and Memory Assessments
- Personality and Behavioural Assessments