Insight Psychological Therapists - Smita Gupta
Smita Gupta, Registered Psychologist, M.Psych, (She/Her)
I believe that our life is an amalgamation of, millions of decisions that we take every second of our day. This is also liberating as it gives us wings to direct our lives as we wish it to be, hence, I feel that limitations are a myth. Counselling and assessments help to identify some of the limitations that we create around our lives and this would be my pleasure to be part of your search for meaning.
More About Smita Gupta
Hi! I am a mother of a beautiful toddler and a therapist, who loves to make sound clinical judgments, also based on standardized tests. I am internationally trained, with a Masters in Psychology with Post Masters Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy. Later, I also attended the University of Alberta for additional courses like Neuropsychology and gained ethical competency.
I can help with psychoeducational assessments (including but not limited to: gifted and neurodevelopmental assessments like ADHD, learning disability, etc.); cognitive, memory and behavioral assessments, etc.
My therapeutic approach is mostly influenced by Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness practices, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR). In my personal life, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
I can render services in English, Hindi, and Punjabi
A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS
Smita, what do you think the world needs more of?
The world needs more of sense of abundance, feelings of gratitude and compassion in relationships.
What quick advice do you have for people who feel as if they are really struggling?
The things we focus on in life, are the ones that grows in life.
-Choose to focus on yourself- >compassionately.
– Chose to focus on yourself-> positively
– Chose to focus on yourself- >with love and forgiveness.
Masters in Psychology
Member of Psychologists Association of Alberta
Canadian Psychological Association
Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing Training Course by EMDR Consulting, Roy Kiessling Group
Virtual DBT Sand Tray Therapy with Theresa Fraser online Training
Gottman based couples counselling training level 1.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills with Marsha Linehan online certificate course.
Mindfulness based CBT online course by Beck Institute of Cognitive Psychology
CBT for depression online course by Beck Institute of Cognitive Psychology.
Essentials of CBT online course by Beck Institute of Cognitive Psychology
Cognitive Behavior therapy-Basics and Beyond. Credit course by AATBS
SAFE (Structured Analysis Family Evaluation) certified Supervisor.
SAFE (Structured Analysis Family Evaluation) Home Studies.
Tools for Trauma Recovery Workshop- 6 hours traumatic stress and mood regulation-training by Family Solutions Group, Edmonton
Workshop on Assessment of Children- cognitive foundation & application, 6th Ed -By Dr. Jerome Sattler
Prolonged Exposure therapy for PTSD – online training by Center for the treatment and Study of Anxiety at University of Pennsylvania- by Dr. Edna Foa
I specialize in:
Anxiety & Depression
- Anxiety Disorders
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Panic Disorder
- Anger Management
- Emotional Regulation
- Stress Management
Thrive (Child & Youth)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Behavioural Issues
- Motor Vehicle Accident Trauma
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
I have experience in:
- Adolescent & Teen Issues
- Aging Parents
- Children & Youth 10 to 12 Years
- Cognitive Disability
- Communication Disorders
- Compassion Fatigue
- Cross Cultural Issues
- Emotional Abuse
- Family Caregiver Stress
- First Responders Trauma or PTSD
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Grief and Loss
- Handling Chronic Illness & Chronic Pain
- Intercultural and Interracial Relationships
- Issues Related to Bullying
- Learning Disorders
- Losing Someone to Suicide
- Loss of Employment
- Parenting Issues & Support
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Teen's Mental Health
- Workplace Stress
- Youth 13 to 15 Years
- Youth 16 to 17 Years
My treatment approaches:
- Art Therapy
- Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Exposure Therapy
- Gottman Couples Therapy
- Grief Work
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Anxiety Assessment
- Assessments For Developmental Disabilities
- Behavioural Assessment
- Career/Occupational Assessments
- Cognitive and Functional Capacity Assessment
- Depression Assessment
- Gottman Relationship Checkup
- Intellectually Advanced Assessment
- Personality & Behaviour Assessments
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder/Trauma Assessment
- Psychoeducational Assessment
- Return to Work Assessment