More about Smita Gupta
Hi! I am a mother of a beautiful toddler and a therapist, who loves to make sound clinical judgments, based on standardized tests. I am an internationally trained Masters in Psychology with Post Masters Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy. Later, I also attended The University of Alberta for additional courses like Neuropsychology and gained ethical competency.
I have extensive experience working in a pediatric diagnostic clinic. Presently, I specialize in assessments, I can help with Psychoeducational assessments ( that includes but are not limited to, Gifted and neurodevelopmental assessments like ADHD, Learning Disability, etc..); parental evaluations, cognitive, memory and behavioral assessments, etc..
My Therapeutic approach is mostly influenced by cognitive behavioral therapy, Mindfulness techniques, and solution-focused brief therapy. In my personal life, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
I render services in English, Hindi, and Punjabi.
Masters in Psychology
Member of Psychologists Association of Alberta
Canadian Psychological Association
Mindfulness based CBT online course by The Beck Institute of Cognitive Psychology
Essentials of CBT online course by The Beck Institute of Cognitive Psychology.
SAFE (Structured Analysis Family Evaluation) certified Home assessor.
Dialectical Behaviour Therapy skills training.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for depression.
My Areas of Specialty:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Stress Management
I can also help with these areas:
- Career Changes or the Loss of a Career
- Child & Youth Stress and Trauma
- Cognitive Disability
- Cross Cultural Issues Counselling
- Dealing with Physical Health Issues
- Developmental Disabilities
- Emotional Abuse
- Family Caregiver Stress
- Grief and Loss
- Issues Related to Bullying
- Panic Disorder
- Parenting Issues & Support
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Premarital Counselling
- Self-Esteem Issues
Mental Health Disorders:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Expressive & Receptive Language Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
My Treatment Approaches:
- Client Centered Therapy (Rogerian therapy)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Assessments For Developmental Disabilities
- Career Assessments
- Custody Access & Parental Assessments (PN7, PN8)
- Gifted / Intellectually Advanced Assessments
- Personality and Behavioural Assessments