More about Smita Gupta
Hi! I am a mother of a beautiful toddler and a therapist, who loves to make sound clinical judgments, also based on standardized tests. I am an internationally trained Masters in Psychology with Post Masters Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy. Later, I also attended the University of Alberta for additional courses like Neuropsychology and gained ethical competency.
I can help with psychoeducational assessments (that includes but are not limited to, gifted and neurodevelopmental assessments like ADHD, Learning Disability, etc.); parental evaluations, cognitive, memory and behavioral assessments, etc.
My therapeutic approach is mostly influenced by cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness techniques, dialectical behavioral therapy and solution-focused brief therapy. In my personal life, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
I can render services in English, Hindi, and Punjabi.
A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS
Smita, what do you think the world needs more of?
The world needs more of sense of abundance, feelings of gratitude and compassion in relationships.
What quick advice do you have for people who feel as if they are really struggling?
The things we focus on in life, are the ones that grows in life.
-Choose to focus on yourself- >compassionately.
– Chose to focus on yourself-> positively
– Chose to focus on yourself- >with love and forgiveness.
Masters in Psychology
Member of Psychologists Association of Alberta
Canadian Psychological Association
Virtual DBT Sand Tray Therapy with Theresa Fraser online Training
Gottman based couples counselling training level 1.
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Skills with Marsha Linehan online certificate course.
Mindfulness based CBT online course by Beck Institute of Cognitive Psychology
CBT for depression online course by Beck Institute of Cognitive Psychology.
Essentials of CBT online course by Beck Institute of Cognitive Psychology
Cognitive Behavior therapy-Basics and Beyond. Credit course by AATBS
SAFE (Structured Analysis Family Evaluation) certified Supervisor.
SAFE (Structured Analysis Family Evaluation) Home Studies.
Tools for Trauma Recovery Workshop- 6 hours traumatic stress and mood regulation-training by Family Solutions Group, Edmonton
Workshop on Assessment of Children- cognitive foundation & application, 6th Ed -By Dr. Jerome Sattler
My Areas of Specialty:
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Stress Management
I can also help with these areas:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Career Changes or the Loss of a Career
- Child & Youth Stress and Trauma
- Cognitive Disability
- Cross Cultural Issues Counselling
- Dealing with Physical Health Issues
- Developmental Disabilities
- Emotional Abuse
- Family Caregiver Stress
- Grief and Loss
- Issues Related to Bullying
- Panic Disorder
- Parenting Issues & Support
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Premarital Counselling
- Self-Esteem Issues
Mental Health Disorders:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Expressive & Receptive Language Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
My Treatment Approaches:
- Client Centered Therapy (Rogerian therapy)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
- Mindfulness Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Assessments For Developmental Disabilities
- Career Assessments
- Custody Access & Parental Assessments (PN7, PN8)
- Gifted / Intellectually Advanced Assessments
- Personality and Behavioural Assessments