More about Katrina Belliveau
I am a Registered Provisional Psychologist with the College of Alberta Psychologists and I am a transplant to Alberta from the East Coast. I completed my practicum at the YWCA of Calgary, working with adults and children exposed to domestic violence and family conflict. Prior to this I worked extensively as a child and youth counsellor in both the US and Canada.
I strive to offer a safe and support environment in counselling where clients are free to explore new aspects of themselves as well as their current life situation. My therapeutic approach relies on pragmatic behavioural interventions in a client-centred manner. I believe strongly in tuning in all aspects of ourselves, with a strong focus on mindfulness approaches and the mind-body connection.
I also have experience with young children and offer Play Therapy for children. I collaborate with parents and caregivers in the process to help them learn new ways of understanding and connecting with their child.
- Acadia University, Bachelor of Science with Honours
- Athabasca University, Master of Counselling Psychology
- College of Alberta Psychologists
- Alberta Play Therapy Association (Secretary)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Training (ASIST)
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (workshop)
- Risk Assessment and Motivational Interviewing (workshop)
- Trauma and Brain Development in Children (workshop)
- Sandplay (workshop)
- Beck Institute for Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Core 1 Depression and Suicidality
- Alberta Play Therapy Association: “Putting the pieces together through play: Healing trauma and attachment wounds” (workshop)