Ask A Therapist Onlinecounselling for victim of past abuse, etc.
Anonymous asked

I am a victim of physical abuse from my own 2 brother. I also grew up from in a home where my father is an alcoholic (although my father don’t drink anymore, that was a place where I grew up). I don’t want to have any contact with my brothers anymore, Help! I want to have happy life.

Best Answer
Insight Psychological Staff answered

It sounds as though you have experienced a fair share of hardships in your family life. To be a victim of any type of abuse and to seek help is the first step in the healing process. You did not deserve to be abused by your brothers or by anyone. You have demonstrated a degree of strength that is sometimes difficult to achieve. By stating that you do not want contact with your brothers, you have already begun enforcing boundaries. If you are willing to take the next step, I would suggest calling Insight Psychological to book an appoint with one of our therapists. A therapist will be able to help you strengthen these boundaries while accomplishing a degree of closure and continue with your healing process. With this support, you will be able to move past this and achieve that happy life that you wish for and deserve.

Looking for more help?

Insight Psychological has qualified therapists in Edmonton South, Edmonton North, Edmonton Central, Calgary, Spruce Grove, and Red Deer as well as options for online counselling. Contact us today and begin your journey towards a happier, healthier life.