We’re Still Open
UPDATED: July 29th, 2020
NEW! MASKS MUST BE WORN at our offices beginning August 1, 2020
In order to comply with local Face Mask Bylaws, we require masks to be worn at all of our offices. This includes the building, elevators/stairwells, waiting room, hallways, and all common areas.
Once you go into your therapy session, you and your therapist may remove your mask, if you choose to do so.
Administrative staff will not be wearing a mask if they are working behind the plexiglass screens but will wear one if they are in the waiting areas, hallways, etc.
Learn more about the bylaw for Calgary here
Learn more about the bylaw for Edmonton here
We thank you for your cooperation and patience as we all navigate this challenging and unprecedented time.
Our offices remain fully functioning but we have changed in-person appointment availability
WE’VE INCREASED OUR CALGARY OFFICE HOURS
- Mondays: CLOSED to in-person appointments (online or phone only)
- Tuesdays: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Wednesdays: 11:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Thursdays: CLOSED to in-person appointments (online or phone only)
- Fridays: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Saturdays: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (as usual)
- Sundays: CLOSED (as usual)
EDMONTON OFFICE HOURS REMAIN UNCHANGED
Insight is fully committed to the health and safety of our clients and staff.
Insight continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and follows the guidelines set forth by Alberta Health Services. As the Alberta Government has designated mental health support and counselling an essential service, our offices remain open for in-person counselling (as well as online video counselling and phone counselling).
You may be wondering what we are doing to provide a safe environment for our clients and staff?
- NEW!! FACE MASKS ARE NOW MANDATORY AT OUR OFFICES beginning August 1, 2020.
- We have strict protocols in place for screening clients and staff who are in the building.
- We are wiping down hard surfaces regularly (in between all appointments) with industry-grade disinfectant wipes.
- We have removed seating from our main waiting room to ensure there is the recommended 6-feet distance between clients.
- We have removed magazines, pamphlets and business cards from our waiting rooms.
- We have removed coffee, tea, and water from our waiting rooms.
- We have hand sanitizer available at the reception area and in every therapy office. We ask all clients to please wash their hand or use hand sanitizer upon entering the office.
- Our therapy offices have been set up so there is sufficient distance between the client and therapist, so it may not be possible to have your session in the same office that you usually do..
- We are wiping down all hard surfaces after each session in each therapy office.
- We are asking all clients to complete a disclosure form prior to their appointment to ensure they are symptom free and have not traveled within 14 days. We are also keeping in close contact with our staff and therapists regarding these same areas and of course, following all AHS guidelines.
Most importantly, for any client who prefers not to come in to the office, for ANY reason, we are offering our online counselling sessions. Insight has been set up with proven, secure and confidential online counselling capabilities since 2017. This is an excellent way to “stay home” while still receiving counselling “face-to-face” – especially at this time. Another option is counseling over the phone. We recognize it may feel different from in-person counselling but that friendly, calm voice on the other end of the line can still provide the support you require.
Insight remains dedicated to providing you much-needed mental health support and we are committed to helping you to stay safe and well as much as possible.
Keep posted to this page to learn of any changes in hours, closures, or COVID-19 protocols.