We’re Still Open
UPDATED: April 15, 2020
During this health crisis, Insight remains committed to providing important mental health and psychological support to Albertans. Our offices remain fully functioning but we have reduced in-person appointments at our Calgary location.
NEW TEMPORARY CALGARY OFFICE HOURS
- Mondays: CLOSED to in-person appointments
- Tuesdays: 12 noon to 8:00 PM
- Wednesdays: CLOSED to in-person appointments
- Thursdays: CLOSED to in-person appointments
- Fridays: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Saturdays: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (as usual)
- Sundays: CLOSED (as usual)
EDMONTON OFFICE HOURS REMAIN UNCHANGED
Insight is fully committed to the health and safety of our clients and staff.
Insight continues to monitor the COVID-19 situation and follows the guidelines set forth by Alberta Health Services. As the Alberta Government has designated mental health support and counselling an essential service, our offices remain open for in-person counselling (as well as online video counselling and phone counselling).
You may be wondering what we are doing to provide a safe environment for our clients and staff?
- We have strict protocols in place for screening clients and staff who are in the building.
- We are wiping down hard surfaces regularly (in between all appointments) with industry-grade disinfectant wipes.
- We have removed seating from our main waiting room to ensure there is the recommended 6-feet distance between clients.
- We have removed magazines, pamphlets and business cards from our waiting rooms.
- We have removed coffee, tea, and water form our waiting rooms.
- We have hand sanitizer available at the reception area and in every therapy office. We ask all clients to please wash their hand or use hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- Our therapy offices are set up so there is sufficient distance between the client and therapist, so it may not be possible to have your session in the same office that you usually do..
- We are wiping down all hard surfaces after each session in each therapy office.
- We are asking all clients to complete a disclosure form prior to their appointment to ensure they are symptom free and have not traveled within 14 days. We are also keeping in close contact with our staff and therapists regarding these same areas and of course, following all AHS guidelines.
Most importantly, for any client who prefers not to come in to the office, for ANY reason, we are offering our online counselling sessions. Insight has been set up with proven, secure and confidential online counselling capabilities since 2017. This is an excellent way to “stay home” while still receiving counselling “face-to-face” – especially at this time. Another option is counseling over the phone. We recognize it may feel different from in-person counselling but that friendly, calm voice on the other end of the line can still provide the support you require.
Insight remains dedicated to providing you much-needed mental health support and we are committed to helping you as much as possible.
Keep posted to this page to learn of any changes in hours or closures.